Sunday, July 29, 2012

Amarillo-Santa Rosa-Santa Fe-Alamosa

Another long day on the road, but I have to say that I really enjoyed this one. We started early. Breakfast in the hotel was awful..but oh well. Soon after we started driving we hit the border with New Mexico. We stopped and took some pictures. I have to say it took for ever for my mom to get me in the air while jumping...but then I asked her to jump while I took the picture and the result was absolutely marvelous...I couldn't stop laughing! I took the best picture ever!!! (see below) Then we continued the drive. The landscapes were breathtaking. We stopped in Santa Rosa, just because I read yesterday that it had one of the most popular places for scuba diving in the US. Really?? In the middle of the desert?? I had to see that. So we went there and found the Blue Hole. It is literally a blue hole in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful, 81 feet deep, supposedly amazing for scuba diving. I didn't dive, but just the fact of finding a place like that on our way...made me think that really my dad is with me in this adventure. Then we headed to Santa Fe. I absolutely fell in love with this town. It is one of the most beautiful and picturesque places that I have ever seen. It is really small, but really nice. We parked and walked around a little bit, enjoying the original architecture and the landscapes. It is a must. Then we continued our way. The scenery started changing again and the mountains started to show up in the back. I cannot explain how it feels to drive and see all the wonders...it is therapy. It is wonderful. We made it to Alamosa. Avery very small town, not much to see, but we are spending the night here. I didn't sleep much last night, so I am very tired. Tomorrow is going to be a really exciting day, yet long. We are heading to Mesa Verde and hopefully we have time to go to Monument Valley. I can't wait!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment