Saturday, July 28, 2012

Another Day on the Road

 We had a really good day on the road. We took Andrew's advice and took small roads all the way from Austin to Amarillo. We were impressed by the amount of small towns on the way (some of them with 295 inhabitants). I couldn't help but imagine how their lives are...What do they do every day? Are they aware of the world around them? We didn't stop much, we had a long drive and the day was really hot. We saw how the landscape changed, and took some nice pictures of the differences. While driving I had somewhat the same feeling I have when I am scuba diving: we are just humans, small creatures in an immense world. And I am guessing this feeling is just going to grow stronger as we get closer to the national parks and get to see nature's wonders. I can't wait. We arrived in Amarillo early, went to the hotel, and grabbed something to eat. Amarillo is a small city...nothing spectacular or different. Route 66 passes through here and we are going to drive on it for a while tomorrow. We got back to the hotel and it took me around 2 hours to figure out the next four days. I am glad I did it though, because finding a place to sleep in the parks is not an easy task. Especially with such short notice. Apparently people plan this kind of trips years in advance... But it is taken care of. I'm hoping it works out. I am really excited!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment