Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Elvis' Town

Today was definitely a great one! We woke up kind of early, had breakfast, drove around downtown Nashville and headed to Memphis. It was a decent short drive, around three hours. We checked in in the hotel and headed to Graceland. We spent the rest of the afternoon there. I have to admit that I did not know much about Elvis Presley, but I am very happy that I decided to stop in Memphis and visit his town. The city itself is not really exciting, nor pretty...I would say it is just a small city...Nevertheless it is absolutely worth it to come here and see Elvis' house and learn about his story. The tour we did includes the house, his car collection, his airplanes and two other exhibits. All of it was very interesting. I loved the way the house is decorated, really good taste. The property is huge, and it has all of the trophies and awards that he had...WOW! While in the house you wear a pair of headphones and listen to the explanations. In some parts Lisa Marie (Elvis' daughter) makes some comments too. After learning about his life, accomplishments, kindness, etc, etc, you get to the part where they start talking about his last years and when he died. And then his daughter says "What is the world going to do without Elvis Presley?" I couldn't help it...I started crying. It is probably because I think I really sympathized with her... I recently asked myself the same question as a daughter...And then you walk out to see the family cemetery....it is really impressive. 


We loved the tour. We spent there about 3 hours and had a lot of fun. At the end we went to the Heartbreak Hotel, and while we were waiting for the shop to open my mom went to walk around while I was watching a movie with Elvis...there was a cup on the table that I thought was my mom's...gave a big sip to it...and realized it wasn't my mom's! GUACALA!!!!! I started laughing alone...and when she came and I told here she laughed for ten minutes....Oh well. 


We are very tired and need to get a lot of rest, because we have a long drive tomorrow. I hope you like the pics. 










No comments:

Post a Comment