Tuesday, July 24, 2012

First Stop: Nashville, TN

The past month has definitely been an interesting one. It all felt like I was on a roller coaster spinning and I couldn't get off. So many mixed feelings, cycles closed, times finished; so many things to do, so many things to get ready, and it felt like I didn't have anything ready. I spent more than one week having get togethers saying goodbye...I didn't want to say goodbye. I am really hoping that it is a "see you soon" instead. At the same time, I was getting everything ready to accomplish one of my greatest dreams. I still can't believe that it is happening. But my heart and my mind are set for this. There is no better way to start this new adventure than driving across the USA with my mom; my best friend; the best in the world. I guess all of the effort, hard work and stress of the last month finally started releasing...because the drive today was extremely tiring for me. This is a trip to enjoy and have fun; no rush, no stress; flexibility at its best. So of course we didn't leave at the time we said we were going to leave. But that didn't matter. We drove 408 miles today. Talking and enjoying the good company. We stopped just a few times to stretch a little, and then continued. At some point I got extremely tired and I couldn't keep my eyes open, but my mom did great on the road. We finally arrived in Nashville, at a good time to eat...but I need to rest. I want to recharge my batteries to the fullest because we are going to as many National Parks as possible and I want to be able to explore them all. So we just relaxed in the evening. Tomorrow we are heading to Memphis. Hopefully, I am a lot more rested.









2 comments:

  1. I finally figured this out...
    Anyway, I just wanted to say that we all get few opportunities to reflect and think out loud, whether road tripping down America's highways, conversing with one's Mom, or writing in a travel blog. This is what brings peace, releases the stress of the past, and prepares you for a healthy future.
    Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. And I am aware of how blessed I am for all the opportunities I get. I embrace them and make the best out of them. And with the support that I receive from wonderful people like you, it is always much better. Thank you for being there!

    ReplyDelete